Before we begin, why don’t you click here to check out my newly made Instagram, and give me a follow – I would love to have your support and give you mine!
The MorphexDeysiDanger Highlight Palette is a collaboration between Morphe Brushes and YouTube MUA Deysi Danger. I’ll admit I hadn’t heard of her before this palette, but after I received it and used it, I am impressed – more power to her!
The palette has 9 shades, all containing 5 g worth of product. This palette retails for $25, so judging by the amount you get and the quality/versatility of the shades (more on that later), I think it is a very sweet deal.
Slayed, snatched and fearless – Deysi Danger knows how to make a statement. Not only does this palette deliver the radioactive glow that Deysi is known for, it is practical and versatile with shades to fit a range of skin tones. It features a rosy bronze that is perfect for deeper complexions, a champagne gold and even lavender shades that are very much on trend. There’s also two matte powders in banana and French vanilla that are perfect for brightening the under eye. Wear them alone or mix it up in true Deysi style.
“I have collaborated with Morphe to bring a highlight palette to their collection. You will find colors in this palette that I have rocked since my counter days; mixing colors and making my own as always. With this palette, you can go from a soft dewy look to a complete Deysi Danger beat down! You will glow so hard! I hope you love it as much as I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU…Never give up on your dreams because everything is possible in this life; if I did it so can you! xx, Deysi”
Dimensions of Palette:
Length: 5 3/4″
Number of Pans: 9
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Magnesium Sterate, Titanium Dioxide, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Diisostearyl Malate, Methylparaben, Polyparaben. May Contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, D&C Red No. 6 Ba Lake, FD & C Yellow No.6, FD&C Red 40 A1 Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 A1 Lake, FD&C Blue No.1
Top row: matte beige, matte yellow, radiant white-gold
Middle row: yellow-toned coral, blue-based white-pink, blue-based lavender
Last row: true yellow gold, deep bronze-gold, deep orange-bronze
(I know, I need to work on shade descriptions.)
- Ridiculously pigmented. These shades are two things: color + glow. No visible shimmer or glitter. Just opaque radiance.
- Very versatile. You get two matte highlights and multiple yellow and blue-based shades of shimmer highlights. There is something for all skin tones. (I, personally, think these shades are best suited to medium skin tones.)
- Variety of uses: these can be used under the eyes to brighten and set concealer, on the cheekbones and high points of the face, and as blushes/bronzers depending on your skin tone.
- They apply like a dream. SO soft and smooth, like butter.
- Lasting power is amazing. These lasted about 6 – 7 hours on me in fall weather before I took them off with a makeup wipe. They fade, but very slowly and in a way that leaves a subtle glow on your face.
- Value for money 9 shades, 5 g each, for $25.
- These shades may be too deep for very fair skin tones.
- They are a little powdery (but don’t kick up powder when applied and there is no fallout).
- Slow shipping at Morphe. (Maybe this is just me, though…)
I use the matte shades as under-eye highlights or matte highlights when I want to have glow without shimmer. And I usually use the middle row shades as blushes while using the bottom right one as a bronzer.
Do I recommend this?
I think it is tremendous value for money if you want to try out a variety of highlight shades without spending too much money for it, as you would with some higher end brands.
Morphe brushes for $25.