What is this?
MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish is, as per MAC, “A liquid-powder highlighter that gives a luminous, well-defined finish”. Liquid-powder indeed! (Just the term makes me drool!)
Double Gleam is described on the site as a “beige that breaks silver”. I disagree with that, as to me, this is clearly a neutral toned white-gold shade.
- Double Gleam is a beautiful pale gold shade with just the right balance of gold and silvery undertones which will suit cool and warm skin tones alike.
- Lovely wet look. This looks like a dewy sheen on the skin as opposed to a solid stroke of glow.
- Can be blended out for subtlety or layered on for a strobed effect.
- Lasted about 7 hours on me before I washed my face.
- Shimmer in this is minimal. Normally I am wary of MAC highlights because they have visible shimmer in them but this is an exception. The shimmer is finely milled and visible only in the harshest of lighting.
- This doesn’t emphasise my skin’s natural texture too much, unless it is really packed on.
- This is a permanent product in MAC’s collection.
- 9 g is a good amount of product.
- Sturdy packaging.
- 4 shades available in this range!
- I still think the price ($33) is high despite the amount of product given.
- This may not suit deep skin tones as it could look ashy.
I find this applies best with fingers or a fan brush. A dome shaped powder brush may pack it on too much and emphasise flaws.
MAC Double Gleam unblended
MAC Double Gleam blended
Do I recommend this product?
It is a finely milled highlighter with a dewy, sheen, and I’ve been on the lookout for a purely white gold one with those characteristics. So if you, like me, want something like that, I think it’s a good choice, unless you can find alternatives at a lower cost! (Makeup Geek Lit , I’ve got my eye on you!)
MAC for $33
I got this Velvet Teddy fragrance sample with my order. MAC says “A silky smooth current of wild honey and creamy musk runs through this oriental fragrance.”
My husband isn’t the biggest fan of it, but for some reason I like it! It is strong at first but fades to a very cute scent, and stays on for the whole day, lingering on unto the next one.
Follow me on Instagram here for a moving swatch of this product, and check out my previous post to get a 15% discount on all Mikasa Beauty products!