Hi guys! I’m back! Or, at least, I’m trying to be back…
So the reason I’ve been MIA for ages is simply because I’ve been a bit busy since I moved to the US! Yep. I moved here to be with my husband and for the past 2 – 3 months, I’ve been settling down and kind of getting used to being here, being away from home, all that ish that comes with a big move like this one.
Howeverrr, I am now going to try and blog regularly because I have A TON OF STUFF I want to share with you guys! I’m going to start that off today by reviewing something from a product category that is dear to my heart: highlighters.
Illamasqua Gleam in Aurora
Illamasqua’s Gleam highlighter in the shade Aurora is a luxuriously creamy highlighter in a beautiful champagne shade.
As per Illamasqua:
Gleam in Aurora is a lightweight, iridescent cream texture is the ideal go-to for easy, instant highlighting. The sheer, pearlescent pigments contain skin boosting Vitamin E and Mica Mineral, which provides the translucent silky quality of this cream compact. For an alluring, natural glow that lifts and highlights both face and body.
6.5g / 0.3 OZ
price per 10g £27.69
- Aurora is beautifully creamy and pigmented. There is no visible shimmer, it is just a gorgeous dewy, luminous glow.
- Will likely suit all skin tones because of the gold undertone.
- Great for strobing and fantastic on its own or under powders.
- It has great staying power. Once you’ve strobed it on, it is there to stay.
- Lasted 5 – 6 hours on me in fall weather. I think that’s a good amount of time for a cream highlight.
- Can be built up.
- A little goes a long way with this.
- The Gleam highlighter is available in two shades.
- Cute packaging.
- 6.5 g is a good amount of product for the price.
- A bit pricey.
- Not very easily available everywhere.
I use my fingertips to strobe this along my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose.
Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a cream highlighter that lasts a good while and looks glowy, not shimmery, and can be built up, this is a great option, though it is a bit on the pricey side at $28.
I, personally, love it and I believe this is great for someone who is not really into cream highlights but needs a good one, just in case, ya know.
Illamasqua for $28. If you live in Pakistan, order it through Facebook pages such as Indélath or International Makeup In Pakistan.