Before we begin, please take a moment to follow me on Instagram! I have fun posts!
So a while back, my beloved MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre dried up for good and I was devastated. It was the perfect eye shadow base for my skin tone and I really didn’t like the thought of spending more $$ for something that dries up so quickly.
(Which is weird considering how irresponsible with money I usually am.)
Enter NYX Eyeshadow Base in the shade Skin Tone. Someone on my Snapchat recommended this as an alternative for Soft Ochre, and after trying it, I couldn’t agree more.
- While this looks darker in the pot, it actually isn’t this dark applied on the eyelid and damn son, it makes eyeshades POP.
- Keeps my eyeshadow poppin’ from 12 PM to 10 PM (or whenever I choose to take my makeup off/ go to bed. The point is, with this thing on your eyelid, that shadow is there to stay. Keep in mind this is in cold weather, btw. And my
kids lids are not very oily.)
- Available in two more shades.
- Totes inexpensive so value for money.
- You have to dip your finger or brush in the pot which isn’t so hygienic.
I use my fingers to apply this onto my eyelids.
L-R: NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone, Tease from Urban Decay Naked 2 palette with NYX Skin Tone and without
Do I Recommend This?
You bet yo ass. If Skin Tone is too dark for you, there is a white and pearlescent white shade available as well.
Ulta, NYX, Target.
In Other News
I made these Teriyaki stir-fried noodles yesterday. They were really good.
Also, I finally finished The Crown and am now watching Outlander. Outlander is like a Harlequin romance novel come to life.