So I was at my local Sephora, browsing around, when I came across the Cover FX Glitter Drops. I swatched all three shades on my hands, was absolutely mesmerized by the glitter, and stared at it for a long time before coming to my senses. Then I mixed the swatches together, died, and went to heaven.
I came back to earth quickly when I noticed the price of these glitter drops – $44 each. 😳😳😳
Anyway, I didn’t get them. I came out of the store, still staring at my shimmering, glimmering hand. I showed it to my husband who told me he’d get the product for me if I wanted it. And I wanted it. So he got it for me, bless his sweet, caring heart. ❤️
What it is:
A multidimensional glitter highlighter that imparts a high impact, light-reflective finish.
What it does:
Ultra-concentrated and customizable, these liquid glitters can be used alone, under or over makeup, or mixed into your favorite beauty product for an incredibly luxe glitter effect on the cheeks, eyes, lips, and body.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product is cruelty-free and vegan. It is also free of gluten, mineral oil, parabens, fragrance, and talc.
- I love the glitter in these Cover FX drops. It is so finely milled, yet so radiant and shiny.
- The bottle may contain just 15 ml, but do not be fooled by this. One drop goes a long way.
- These drops can add oomph to any shimmer products, such as highlighter, and metallic eyeshadows.
- All three shades mixed together are the DEFINITION OF HOLOGRAPHIC. ✨✨✨
- They look beautiful rubbed over the body. That is where I have loved using them the most.
- They can even be applied to the hair for a festive look.
- The glitter GETS EVERYWHERE. Seriously. This is a big con.
- These glitter drops from Cover FX are basically shimmer suspended in an oily mixture, and the oil, when applied atop foundation or powder, can wipe it off unless gently patted on.
- I have used these drops on my eyelids, but they wiped off my eyeshadow, so I decided to use them on their own next time, with better luck.
- When I use more than a drop, these glitter drops sting my skin a lot. And the stinging doesn’t really stop.
- $44 for glitter. That is basically what the deal here is. You could get a whole palette in that amount.
I apply the Cover FX Glitter Drops onto my skin using my finger tips or a Beauty Blender.
SHOP MY LOOK
- Eylure Naturalite Exaggerate Eyelashes Multi-pack 145
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette
- Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner in 77
- Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
- Zoeva Cosmetics Face Shape Brush
- Temptu Air
- Temptu SilkSphere AirPod Foundation in Beige
- Rimmel Santa Rose Blush
- Morphe Brushes 9C Palette
- Temptu Cosmos Highlighter
- Cover FX Glitter Drops in Mirage
- NYX Cosmetics Lip Liner in Natural (lined and filled in with this liner)
Do I recommend the Cover FX Glitter Drops?
These drops are basically fairy dust in a bottle. But, at the end of the day, I feel like that is all they are. They are not very practical, unless you are obsessed with glitter or do some SFX work where these could be useful. I tried making use of these Cover FX drops in multiple ways, but, ultimately, I felt that they are not for me. I returned them and got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette, which I know I will be using and loving quite a bit.
If you want to get these drops from Cover FX, I recommend trying them in the shade Lunar. I think that is the prettiest of the three.