I must admit, I had never purchased a Charlotte Tilbury product before this buy. I just thought they were a little too overpriced, and nothing really ever appealed to me. And then, along came the Hollywood Flawless Filter – described by Charlotte Tilbury as “A Complexion Booster For Super Starlit Skin”, this product is, essentially, an illuminating soft-focus primer or glow booster, which doubles as a highlighter.
Says Charlotte Tilbury:
Darlings, this is a new REVOLUTIONARY category in makeup, a customisable complexion booster for super starlit skin in seconds! My Hollywood Flawless Filter in Shade 4 has the versatility of a primer, the mega-watt glow of a highlighter, and the perfecting properties of your favourite digital filter. Featuring fabulous ingredients, it soft-focuses, illuminates skin and makes lines and pores appear smoother.
WHAT MAKES HOLLYWOOD FLAWLESS FILTER MAGIC:
• The ultimate high gloss, high glow celebrity-skin-filter-in-a-bottle! This was born on the red carpet makeup, inspired by technology, for real life, in real time that looks amazing on-screen or off.
• Smoothing airbrush polymers roll over your complexion for a poreless-looking, creamy finish.
• Glossy Oil is a lightweight moisturising oil that reflects and adds light to your face where you need it.
• Finely milled powders soft focus, makes lines and pores appear smoother which means it only ever looks as amazing in real life, as it does on camera.
• Porcelain Flower Extract is a brightening ingredient derived from a Thai flower with natural antioxidants and anti-inflammatories to enhance microcirculation and brighten skin.
• Ideal for superstar-lit skin whether you want a subtle glow or a mega-watt complexion.
Fill: 30ml for $44
This product is available in 7 shades, and I need to make it abundantly clear that it is NOT A FOUNDATION. You basically pick the shade that suits your undertone best, apply it beneath your foundation or as a highlighter, and glow to the gods themselves.
- Oh my God, you guys. I am so glad I picked this to be my first Charlotte Tilbury product. It is literally that brightening glowy filter on snapchat, in a bottle, except it is better. I am a woman of Pakistani descent and I have uneven skin tone, with my cheeks being lighter than my forehead and chin. My skin is also dry, so it often looks dull. I have used a lot of glow-boosting products, but nothing has given me quite the otherworldly-but-natural radiance that the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter has bestowed upon my person.
- The other incredibly amazing thing about this product is that it actually succeeds in doing what so many other products have failed to do for me – it evens out my skin tone. I am in SHOCK.
- Also, I have never found a shade which suits my skin as perfectly as the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter in Shade 4, Medium, does.
- This filter/glow booster/radiance-in-a-bottle can be used as a primer under foundation to give you the most perfect base ever, or it can be used on the high points of the face as a highlighter. (Or on the body.)
- My makeup looks so wonderfully smooth and poreless over this. No other product has ever done that for my makeup.
- The Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter actually feels very soothing on my dry skin.
- This product lasts all the live-long day on my skin. 8-9 hours is the most I’ve counted.
- It doesn’t oxidize.
- A little goes a long way with this.
- While it is tinted, the color kind of dissipates when applied to the skin, and you just end up with a wash of dewy radiance.
- The doe foot applicator is really good for dotting on the product, and it can be squeezed against the skin to make the most of what you’re getting.
- The bottle is luxurious; heavy, and made of glass.
- I think, as far as the price goes, it is decent for a Charlotte Tilbury product, and good for the amount of product you are getting. (30 ml)
- The price, I suppose, is the only thing that I can think of here.
- Also, it may not be great for oily skin.
I like to dot the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter on my cheeks and on my forehead, and blend it out with a Zoeva face shape brush.
Shop My Look
- Eylure Naturalite Exaggerate Eyelashes Multi-pack 145
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette
- Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner in 77
- Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
- Zoeva Cosmetics Face Shape Brush
- Temptu Air
- Temptu SilkSphere AirPod Foundation in Beige
- Rimmel Santa Rose Blush
- Morphe Brushes 9C Palette
- Temptu Cosmos Highlighter
- NYX Cosmetics Lip Liner in Natural (lined and filled in with this liner)
Do I recommend the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter?
LORD, yes. If you buy ONE THING from Charlotte Tilbury, let this be it. It is rare that I am so shockingly impressed with a product. This one has just done it for me. The soft-focus glow, the way it evens out my skin, the lasting power, are all just AH-MA-ZING. I will definitely be buying a back up of this product soon. To me, it is perfect. In every way.