I LOVE eye creams and I aim to try as many of them as I can.
I purchased the BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream last year, and then returned it because I wasn’t feeling it, and then bought it again because I read reviews on Sephora stating that it did a good job of brightening up under eye circles.
I want to let you know that I’ll use this as a day-time eye cream and update this review in two weeks time to let you know if it has worked on my hereditary circles.
Meanwhile, let me give you my thoughts on how I feel about it at the moment.
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A lightweight eye gel cream, powered by mineral-rich long life herb, that hydrates and brightens the delicate skin around the eye area.
– Loss of firmness or elasticity
– Dullness and uneven skin tone
If you want to know more…
Experience smoother, stronger, and more radiant-looking skin in as little as 14 days. This soothing eye cream is powered by the patented benefits of mineral-rich long life herb to support vitality and replenish moisture around the eye area. California poppy adds antioxidant benefits, and Lempuyang ginger helps protect against the damages of environmental stressors to help brighten the appearance of skin.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product is dermatologist tested, non-irritating, noncomedogenic, ophthalmologist tested, and safe for contact lens wearers.
In a 4-week independent US consumer study of 107 women:
– Participants reported smoother, stronger skin in as little as 14 days
You get 15 ml for $32.
- The BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream has a lovely gel-like, creamy consistency which makes it perfect for me as a day-time eye cream. It feels very light and is quick to become one with the skin when applied and patted in. (More on application in a bit.)
- The cream imparts the perfect level of moisture for my dry skin in the daytime, and I believe this will suit people with all skin types.
- You need a very little amount of this cream to make it work; too much and disaster could strike. (More on this in a moment.)
- The jar is SOOOoooooOOooo cute OMG OMG. And looks so good on a vanity table.
- It is great as a moisturizing cream around the lips as well.
- There is a bizarre smell to the BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream. It isn’t scented per se, but it smells vaguely of paste. Yes, glue. Like that crappy kind we used in primary school.
- This really needs to be applied sparingly, and not layered, because otherwise it tends to flake off with my eyelid primer, and makes concealer crease.
- Too light as a nighttime eye cream, at least for me and my dry skin.
- While this isn’t expensive at $32, it also isn’t cheap.
Does it help dark circles? – TO BE UPDATED.
I like to take a very light layer of the BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream on my ring finger and then pat it around my orbital bone. I make sure it is fully absorbed because otherwise, as I said, it is flake- and crease-central. I would not recommend rubbing this in, or rubbing other products over this, because it tends to flake that way, also.
Instead, I recommend patting this over moisturiser, and then patting any other skincare over this, like a primer, and then buffing concealer and foundation in.
Do I recommend the BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream?
Honestly, I don’t know. I love the light and moisturizing properties of this cream, and I love how little is needed, but I am not a fan of the flaking and the creasing that may occur.
Like I said, I will use it as a daytime eye cream for the next two weeks and see if it does my hereditary dark circles any good in the way of lightening/brightening them, and then I will update this review.
Bare Minerals, Ulta, and Sephora – online and in-store.