I got the Akean Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer Machine from Amazon for $26.99 after an extensive search for a rotating makeup brush cleaner similar to the Stylpro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer.
Why didn’t I just get the Stylpro cleaner instead, you ask? Well, because it generally has mixed reviews on the internet, and for mixed reviews I might as well just get something cheaper. This Akean Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer Machine had pretty good reviews on Amazon from a lot of reviewers, hence it was my choice.
I got this with my own money, btw.
About the product
- High Efficient Makeup Brush Cleaner Dryer: Clean and dry all size brushes in seconds,keep away from the long cleaning time.
- Deep cleansing brushes on dirty matter(bacteria, cosmetic residue, oil, dead skin cells), prevent skin diseases.
- Fast and effective Makeup Brush Cleaner Machine, make your favorite comb to keep soft and nice, longer life.
- 8 different sizes collars,suit for most type makeup brushes.
- Unique collar stand can effectively place collars and make up brushes,no longer worry about them scattered to anywhere.
Why choose us?
1.Are you troubled in spending too much time to clean the makeup brushes?
Now!It is no longer your troubles.Akean cleaner tool will make you keeping away that. it is easy to operate,quickly clean and dry in seconds.
2.Do you clean your makeup brushes in Healthy Way?
The general cleaning can’t clean cosmetics residue, bacteria, oil, dirt, and dead skin.while use them to makeup,will cause secondary damage to your skin.
The machine has a strong motor, and uses high-speed rotation, fast depth to clean all the stains on the comb.
3.Keep your dressing table orderly and neat
Someone will complain about too many different sizes of make up brushes and collars, so that the dressing table is too messy.
Unique collar stand can effectively place collars and make up brushes,no longer worry about them scattered to anywhere.
How it works ?
1. Put some water and soap or baby shampoo into the bowl.
2. Find the suitable collars and insert the brush into the spinner.
3. Dip and dunk the brush in the liquid.
4. Turn on the spinner, spin the brush to clean.
5. Change the water and clean again.
6. Spin the brush to dry.
1 X Makeup Brush Cleaner
1 X Brush Spinner Bowl
1 X collars Stand
8 X Brush Collars
1 X User manual
The machine is power by 2 X AAA battery, not included the battery.
In the box, you get:
- The makeup brush cleaning bowl
- The rotating wand and its spindle (on which you attach different brushes)
- Different sized brush holders (these have been able to fit all of the brushes I have tried, including Zoeva, Sigma, Sephora, Morphe, and Real Techniques)
- A little paper with instructions on how to operate the machine
Not included but required – 2 x AAA battery, preferably brand new and not taken out from your TV remote, like mine was.
OPTIONAL – Brush sleeves. You can get a ton of these pretty cheap from Amazon. I love them; they help retain the shape of my brushes when drying, and keep them safe during travel.
The Cast Of Characters
How to use the Akean Professional Rotating Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer Machine
- Fill up the cleaning bowl with water. I generally use about 1/2 cup of water in mine, and I recycle the water between brushes. I don’t think you are supposed to do that, but (A) I am lazy and (B) I don’t want to waste brush shampoo by adding in a brand new amount each time.
- Squeeze brush shampoo or liquid soap into the water. I usually use a tablespoon of my EcoTools Brush Shampoo.
- Push the rotating spindle into the rotating wand (put batteries into the wand first) and then attach a brush collar to the spindle, depending on the size of the brush you want to clean.
- Push the brush you want to clean inside the brush collar.
- Dip the tip of the brush (the dirty bristles) into the cleaning solution + water mixture. Try not to dunk the brush in all the way up to its ferrule.
- Switch on the cleaner and let the brush rotate inside the cleaning solution for a good while (I hold it in about 2-3 minutes on average, and 5 minutes or more if my brush is really filthy).
- To dry, lift up the brush above the water, but keeping it inside the bowl, and let it rotate until the bristles are completely dry.
- You can leave the clean and dry brush as it is, or stick a brush sleeve on it to shape it better.
- This cleans synthetic bristles quicker and more thoroughly than animal-hair bristles, in my experience.
- When rinsing out the bowl make sure to use cold water; warm water will put a dent in the plastic bowl.
Check out my video demo below (CLICK ON THE LINK TO MY INSTAGRAM) on how to use this rotating makeup brush cleaner:
- This Akean Professional Rotating Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer Machine does a good job of cleaning brushes, and a great job of drying them.
- It is cheap.
- It is sturdy.
- It comes in 3 “colors”.
- With the Akean Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer Machine, you don’t have to stand in front of the bathroom sink and scrub your brushes under the sink. You can be chilling on the couch, watching The Office, having some tea, and clean your brushes at the same time.
- While the buzzing of the rotating machine is audible, it isn’t loud.
- It takes a long while to clean and dry brushes which are very dirty or have very pigmented shades on them. By “a long while” I mean 5 minutes or more of cleaning and drying time, each, for one brush. I find that to be a drag.
- The rotating machine’s vibrations feel strong in the hand. Not exactly a con, but it gives me a funny feeling at times. (Take your mind out of the gutter!)
Do I recommend the Akean Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer Machine?
Honestly, you guys, I’m slightly on the fence about this machine. As you can see above, it did a great job of cleaning and drying my brush.
I am still learning how to use it, but I don’t like to keep holding a dirty brush inside the bowl for any longer than 2-3 minutes to clean and dry it. That is my main issue with it.
However, this cleaner means I don’t have to line up my filthy brushes beside the bathroom sink, scrub them on a hand-held brush cleaner, and lay them overnight to dry on a towel.
Maybe if I used a stronger shampoo than EcoTools, the Akean makeup brush cleaner would clean better?
What I have been doing lately, is cleaning the brush by hand instead of using this machine, and then drying it using the rotating attachment. This saves a lot of time, especially if I am in need of a brush that isn’t clean, and cannot wait for it to dry overnight.
If I were to give this machine 4.5/5, it would be because it is so good at drying my makeup brushes.
While it has the potential and ability to clean my brushes throughly, I am a little disappointed that it doesn’t do that quicker. Maybe my expectations are too high? (Probably; they often are.)
Anyway, I think after all that musing, I can say I am generally satisfied with this purchase and I do recommend it, especially because it dries my brushes so quickly that I can clean and use them multiple times in the same day.
I will try using it with a different brush shampoo and report back soon.
Final verdict: 4/5 – I recommend it.