My skin is crazy dry, and the freezing cold winters in Cleveland are NO HELP AT ALL. So, I was on the search for a product that could give my skin the moisture it was begging for, and after reading multiple good reviews of the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil, I popped in at my local Sephora and bought this not-so-little guy.
Says Sephora about the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil:
What it is:
An innovative, 99 percent natural creamy oil with an infinite number of uses such as hydrating skin, conditioning lips, and illuminating complexion.
What it is formulated to do:
One creamy oil, infinite possibilities. This makeup artist must-have delivers all the moisturizing benefits of argan oil in a portable, non-greasy, creamy oil form. The innovative formula starts as a cream and melts into an oil, making your complexion more luminous while tightening facial contours and preventing inflammation. Use it to hydrate and gently soothe under-eyes, smooth flyaways, keep eyebrows in place, and condition lips. Mix it with powder blush or eyeshadow to instantly transform it into a cream.
Use Argan Infinity Cream to:
-Deeply moisturize dry areas of the face.
-Soothe irritated skin caused by rosacea, wind, or sunburn.
-Soften elbows, heels, and other rough patches.
-Keep stray eyebrows in place.
-Moisturize at night.
-Prevent razor burn and irritation.
-Prevent skin dehydration during airline travel.
-Apply as a lip conditioner before lipstick.
-Apply over lip stain for a silky finish.
-Lightly dab on eyelids before applying eyeshadow.
-Apply before or after using cheek stain to improve blendability.
-Transform powder eyeshadow or pigment into a cream by mixing with Infinity Cream.
-Mix with a powder luminizer to create a light, shimmery lip balm.
-Use as a subtle face highlighter to illuminate cheekbones, lips, and brow bones.
-Mix with a powder blush to create a silky cream blush or colored lip balm.
-Hydrate and plump dry, swollen under-eyes.
-Apply to fingertips and toes to hydrate and soften cuticles.
-Quench skin post-sunburn.
-100% Pure Argan Oil: Nourishes and hydrates skin.
Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Beeswax**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Glyceryl Dibehenate**, Tribehenin**, Glyceryl Behenate**, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil**, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil**, Abyssinian Oil (Crambe Abyssinica) Seed Oil**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract**, Soybean Glycerides**, Linoleic Acid**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil** Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter**, Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kukui Nut) Oil**, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil**.
You get a whopping 65ml/2.2oz for $28.
- The Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil, as you can see above, has at least 500 listed uses. (Ok, that was an exaggeration, but still.) I bought it primarily to make sure my dry skin wouldn’t get crepey and parchment-like, and because I started getting paranoid that a visible line was forming beneath my eye as soon as I got back in Cleveland after my holiday in Pakistan. (Pakistani winters are nothing compared to the snow-covered scene here in Cleveland.)
- It works as a moisturizer, and my dry skin feels so soft and smooth immediately after I massage it into my face.
- When I apply this to my face at night, I wake up with hydrated and almost glowy skin in the morning.
- I read some reviews on Sephora stating that the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil is sticky; that is not the case for me. This could also be because my skin is dry and drinks moisture up whenever it gets the chance.
- I also apply it on my cracked, dry lips, and it immediately acts to make them feel smooth and hydrated. It also hydrates my lips overnight, if applied the night before.
- I think the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil is a great base for an eye cream, or used on its own as one, especially if the area under your eyes isn’t as dry and thin as mine. I think, in the summers, this will be quite adequate as a hydrating eye cream for me.
- My skin is sensitive and it did not have a reaction to this product.
- It has no discernible scent, unlike the last Josie Maran product I tried.
- You get a HUGE amount of the Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil for a reasonable price (see both above), and a little goes a long way with this one. The key is to massage it in.
- Oil based products do not do well under makeup on my skin. They make it slide off after a while or become streaky. The Josie Maran Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil is majorly oil-based, so it doesn’t do well in that regard.
- It may feel sticky or oily for those with oily skin.
- It feels a tiny bit heavy on the skin, especially if layered with other products. (But that isn’t too big an issue for me, personally.)
I apply a small amount of the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil onto my face in 4 dots and massage it carefully and gently into my skin. The key here is to massage the product into the skin until very little is left on top of it, and then wait for that to absorb. (Or, if you are in a hurry, blot it off with a tissue.)
Do I recommend the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil?
I think, for someone with dry skin, this is an excellent product to try out, especially if you like to layer skincare and you want intensive nourishment for your moisture-starved skin. It is also a multipurpose creamy oil, and for that reason it will appeal to a lot of people for a lot of different uses. I, for one, cannot wait to try out the 16 billion other listed uses for this product. (Ok, I exaggerated there, but still. Infinity, people! Argan Infinity Cream!)
Good job with this one, Josie Maran!
In Other News
I am so obsessed with Danielle Parente’s song Dark Eyes!