Says Sephora about the ~ holographic ~ Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops Makeup Priming and Highlighting Oil:
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A makeup priming, holographic highlighting treatment oil powered by Josie’s quick-absorbing 100% Pure Argan Oil Light and pore-smoothing priming pearls for boosted elasticity, glowy radiance, and makeup-ready skin.
– Dullness and uneven texture
If you want to know more…
Get a holographic moonlit glow with Josie’s weightless moonstone potion that highlights, primes, hydrates, and smooths. Argan-powered essential nutrients nourish and treat the skin while multicolored coated priming pearls illuminate and awaken your complexion. Easily transform any look with these iridescent drops: mix with your foundation for a perfectly dewy look, add a few to your lips for a glowing pout, or bring extra light to cheekbones with one single drop. The 100% Pure Argan Oil Light nourishes and hydrates while PhytoVie Defense®, a plant-based antioxidant, helps fight against skin-aging free radical damage and extends makeup wear. Lemongrass lavender essential oils enhance your mood and calm redness. Skin is left juicy, glowing, protected, and smooth. Let’s glow to the moon.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
You get a nice 50 ml bottle for a not-so-nice $48.
- Holo. HOlo. hOOOOlo. HOLO. HOLO!!! This highlighting and priming oil from Josie Maran is aptly named “Moonstone Drops” because it has the most stunning holographic (*squeal*) shimmer in it. The shimmer gives off a cool toned pink/purple sheen at first, bit it actually looks incredibly stunning against my medium skin tone and it has a milky warmth to it as well which balances out the cool tones well. Moonstone Drops indeed!
- The base of these highlighting drops/highlighting oil is Argan oil, which is very nourishing for my dry skin especially in the winter time. I like layering this product under my moisturizer for maximum hydration. It also hasn’t broken my sensitive skin out. (Yet…)
- The Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops can be used as a primer or an illuminator, and they can be applied on the face, lips, body, even hair, and anywhere else you fancy. This product is skincare and makeup in one pretty bottle. I prefer using it as a primer because it is too runny to be used as an illuminator, at least on my skin.
- I love how it makes my skin glow with a dewy, radiant sheen when I rub it in all over my face. I thought the shimmer might be too cool toned for me, but when applied, there is no visible undertone to it – it just creates an illusion of healthy, bright skin.
- A little goes a very long way! Start with a small amount so you don’t end up looking like a greaseball.
- I like that the bottle contains an ample amount of product to almost match the price.
- The scent of lemongrass in this product is STRONG. Almost too strong for my liking. It dissipates after a while, but not before destroying my sense of smell each time I apply it. Not a fan of the scent.
- My skin is dry, but this highlighting and priming oil, over the course of the day, causes my makeup to slip and my under eye area to crease. My skin has never been suited to oil based products and sadly the Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops Makeup Priming and Highlighting Oil is no exception.
- I don’t like the dropper bottle. The product is too thin and runny in consistency, and easily slips out, and off the dropper tip.
- This product may not be the best option for those with oily skin.
- In all honestly, some might see the Moonstone Drops as not much more than overpriced Argan oil with holographic shimmer. Sometimes, I see it as that too. At other times, I like to make myself believe it is a magical bottle of holographic, Argan-y illumination.
Do I recommend the Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops Makeup Priming and Highlighting Oil?
Honestly, I am on the fence about this product. I love how it makes my face look beautifully radiant when used alone. But under makeup, it causes too much slip and creasing for my liking. And the lemongrass STANK is too much, sometimes. I might return it, but look at those swatches. It’s so magical. Sigh.
The Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops Makeup Priming and Highlighting Oil is available online on Sephora and in stores.