I got the mini version of the Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush Brush #56 (it is called the #56.5 brush) this summer when I became a VIB Rouge member.
I was really disappointed that they were giving out a tiny little brush to customers for dropping $1000 in a year. Anyway, I decided to use this to blend in my concealer (my beloved NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer), and I WAS BLOWN AWAY, YOU GUYS.
The Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush Brush #56 has me smitten for these reasons:
- The bristles are so, so soft.
- The brush is so freaking sturdy.
- It can blend in ANYTHING. Honestly, this brush can be used with almost ANY makeup product you can think of. It works amazingly well with my cream products (moisturizer, foundation, concealer, highlight, cream contour, cream bronzer, cream blush, highlighter) and it also is fantastic with powders.
- They call it the Pro Flawless Airbrush Brush for a reason – IT DOES EXACTLY THAT! Whatever product I use with this brush ends up looking ethereally seamless and blended to the point that it gives off an almost blurry, soft-focus finish. I have never been a Beauty Blender person, and I’ve been looking for a brush that can make my foundation look airbrushed, and this. Is. It.
- Application with this brush is fast and steady. I use pressing and patting motions with it, sliding the brush all over the face to make sure I get an even, medium-full coverage finish with whatever foundations/concealers I use.
- Im my experience it does not soak up any product, except for certain liquid highlighters such as Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector (liquid version).
- It can be cleaned easily.
- I love that they give a cap with this brush. The cap can open and close, is sturdy, and great for travel. (Note: The Dark Rainbow version comes in a box, and it does not have a cap.)
- The Limited Edition Holiday 2017 Dark Rainbow Version is so, so beautiful.
If you are looking for a brush that can be used with as many products as possible, and gives you the closest thing to an airbrushed finish that you can get without actually using an airbrush machine, I highly suggest getting the Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush Brush #56.
You can find the permanent version, plus more reviews, and makeup looks here on my Instagram.