The Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham collection was initially released as a limited edition collection last year, and it was re-released this year with a few new additions. One product that was a part of both collections was the Morning Aura Illuminating Creme.
I didn’t buy this creme initially because, um, IT COSTS $95 FGS, and one does think twice, thrice, or maybe twenty times before dropping that kind of dollar on a product, no matter how great it may be.
The best description of this product can be taken from Sephora, where it says:
What it is:
A hydrating cream that’s part moisturizer and part brightening primer, containing micro-pearls to illuminate and brighten the skin.
What it does:
Moisturizing cream is formulated with micro-pearls to brighten and illuminate the skin for a fresh, lit-from-within look.
What else you need to know:
“Morning Aura gives my skin a fresh morning glow. Both a moisturizer and a brightening primer, it is my secret antidote for lack of sleep or a busy day.”—Victoria Beckham
-Apply at any time to visibly brighten your look.
-Wear it on its own or under makeup as a luminous primer.
-Use it midday to refresh your look.
You get 48 ml of product for the reasonable price of $95.
I wanted to try this product so badly when the collection was released the first time, and the price had me balking, and then it wasn’t available anywhere except Net-A-Porter, so I was like whatevs, good enough, I won’t blow any money.
And then the collection rolled in a second time, with the Morning Aura Illuminating Creme tagging along, and I was like ugghhhh I want thissss.
And then I got it.
- The Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham Morning Aura Illuminating Creme is dewy skin in a bottle. It gives my skin the most ethereal glowy radiance, with absolutely no visible shimmer, except perhaps in the harshest of sunlight.
- It is full of beautiful ultra-fine micro-pearls which have red, pink, and gold undertones, so this creme can be used by all skin tones in my opinion.
- It has multiple uses. Often I like to use it as a primer under my makeup, and believe you me, my skin looks near-perfect and so healthy and glowing because of this product. Lately I have also been using this as a highlighter on the high points of my face for an instant dewy glow. It is a cream product so the consistency is easy to work with for many purposes.
- It can even be used atop powder, which is another reason why I love it so much.
- This illuminating creme is hydrating and feels lovely on my dry skin, over moisturizer.
- A little actually goes a very long way. I need two tiny dots for each cheek when using it as a highlighter (about half a pump in total).
- The glow it gives me lasts all day until I take my makeup off, and I believe this creme keeps my makeup in place as well. It is quite good as a hydrating primer.
- The packaging is surreal. It looks beautiful on any vanity, and I believe the price is possibly so high due to the high-quality packaging and the Victoria Beckham name.
- 48 ml is a good quantity.
- While this cream is moisturizing, it is not a moisturizer in my opinion. It just is not hydrating enough. At least not if you have dry skin.
- It may make oily skin look more oily if used excessively or as a highlighter.
- The price, of course. 95 bucks, people. And that is without tax.
As I mentioned above, this can be used as a primer under makeup or over it as a highlighter. One pump is enough to cover the whole face. I like to use a stippling brush or a brush like Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush Brush #56 with dabbing and patting motions because I find it is best for blending and getting the most out of the product.
The swatch pictures below are all taken in daylight. Click on them to zoom.
Do I recommend this product?
The Morning Aura illuminating cream is beautiful, in all honesty. I think I might like it better than my favorite product of all time, the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base (I hate that I said that out loud, it feels so wrong).
That said, it is not a must-have product. At least not in my opinion. There are so many similar products, both drugstore and high-end, which can give you a similar effect at half the price. The key-word here is similar. Notice how I didn’t say identical.
When I used this cream on one side of my face and the Burberry on the other, there was barely a variation between the two. The main difference was that this had pink and gold undertones, while the Burberry had a warm-nude one.
I recommend the Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham Morning Aura Illuminating Creme if you have the money and the willingness to try it.
Side-note: Estee Lauder owns MAC. MAC recently released the new re-vamped Strobe Creams in different shades. I wonder if mixing all those shades or some of them might give a similar result to the Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham Morning Aura Illuminating Creme.