That name is a handful, isn’t it?
Anyway, I got the Obagi Sun Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion Tint in Warm after I read some articles about sun protection, and got a little paranoid that I wasn’t really wearing a proper sunscreen (I was just getting away with foundations and BB/CC creams that had SPF in them).
I got this product from Dermstore, where it says:
Create a barrier between your skin and the sun with the Obagi Sun Shield Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 50. Designed to shield and protect your skin from environmental pollutants and sun damage, this tinted formula glides on smooth, masking mild imperfections while providing the utmost protection. A blend of chemical and physical sunscreens prevent aging UVA and burning UVB rays from damaging your complexion while antioxidant-rich extracts repel free radicals.
Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, this formula creates a buffer that protects your skin from the heat-derived oxidation process. Plus, it never leaves a white cast or greasy residue. Incorporate it into your daily morning ritual to stay protected. Tube should last approximately 60 days with regular use.
Key Ingredients and Benefits:
- Zinc Oxide: soothes skin and blocks UVA/UVB rays
- Titanium Dioxide: a mineral sunblock that provides skin from UV damage
- Algae Extract: hydrates and protects skin from irritation
- Vitamin E: prevents free-radical damage
Warm is ideal for skin tones with yellow, golden or olive undertones.
You get a whopping 85 g for $51.75, but I got this when the site was having a 25% off promotion for Obagi products.
- It has SPF 50 and “broad spectrum” means it protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
- The tint provides sheer coverage which is enough to blur my imperfections but not entirely cover them, which I like as I prefer wearing this underneath foundation or concealer.
- They have two shades, in warm and cool to suit multiple skin tones.
- This sunscreen goes under my makeup so smoothly and makes my dry skin immediately look glowy and radiant. I love that it keeps my makeup looking smooth, healthy, and non-cakey.
- My makeup looks fresh and radiant all day with this sunscreen used as a base (in conjunction with some other essential skincare products – a post on them later!).
- Dermstore sells this and they constantly have promotions which means you can get it for $ off.
- 85 g is a sh!t-ton of product. That is almost three times the amount you get with most foundations, so this could easily last one a year, if not more.
- The shade warm is a bit dark for my currently NC25 skin tone, but that is ok, because it means I can wear a highlighting concealer over this with ease. I think this shade can be pulled off by medium – deep skinned folks.
Do I recommend this?
It is a really great product for sun protection, and sheer coverage. I think I might try the cool shade after I am finished with warm to see if that suits me more.