A while back, I did a post about my favorite beauty product of all time: Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in the shade Nude Radiance.
I also mentioned that I have yet to find any perfect dupes of this product; I have some products that are similar, but not really 100% similar.
And then I met the No7 Skin Illuminator in the shade Nude.
No7 Skin Illuminator has multi-faceted light reflectors that instantly enhance your complexion, for a natural looking radiance.
How to Use–
Use this lightweight illuminator in one of three ways to enhance your natural radiance and to immediately give gorgeous, luminous skin.
- As a primer before applying your foundation
- Mixed in with your regular foundation for added luminosity
- Lightly applied as a highlighter to your cheek and brow bones
You get 30 ml of product for an economical $12.99.
Why I love the No7 Skin Illuminator in Nude
I love it for all the same reasons I love my Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base. The No7 Skin Illuminator blends out to bathe the skin in a gorgeous dewy luminosity that is nothing short of ethereal.
There are 3 stated uses for this product (read above), and I like to use it the first way, as a primer before foundation. That is the same way I use my Burberry product.
I won’t go into too much detail about this product’s yay’s, because the reasons I love it are quite simple:
- The dewiness it lends my skin is unreal.
- It keeps makeup looking nice and smooth over it.
- It looks like a lit-from-within glow under foundation.
- The shimmer in this product is very, very minute, and finely milled.
- You get 30 ml for $12.99.
- Comes in a nude shade and a bronze shade to cover nearly all skin tones.
- The squeeze tube is very easy to use and control.
No7 Skin Illuminator vs Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base
- Both products come in a nude shade and a bronze shade, to cover light and dark skin tones.
- Both products bathe the skin in a fresh, dewy luminosity. I wore the Burberry product on one side of my face and the No7 product on the other, and when I blended them out, I could not tell the difference. And I have a very observant eye.
- Both products keep my makeup/face/skin looking smooth and glowy.
- The shimmer in the No7 Skin Illuminator is actually as tiny as in the Burberry Fresh Glow; where the Burberry product has 100% finely milled shimmer, the No7 product’s shimmer is 99% finely milled.
- You get the same amount of product with both items, but the No7 Skin Illuminator is $35.01 cheaper than the Burberry Fresh Glow base.
- The Burberry packaging is better than the No7 packaging.
In the swatches below, Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base is at the bottom and the No7 Skin Illuminator is on top.
For some reason, the Burberry product would continuously blend out patchier on my arm swatch and as a result look relatively watery while the No7 Skin Illuminator looked relatively more creamy.
However, on my face, both had an almost exactly similar effect.
I believe that the No7 Skin Illuminator in Nude is a 95% similar dupe to the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base, if not a 100% similar one. I love the No7 product so much that I have ordered 2 more of it already. Ulta has a promotion going on for the product where you buy one and get one at 50% off.
I highly suggest you try this illuminator. It is one of the best beauty products as far as value-for-money is concerned.
I really hope No7 doesn’t stop making it!