I received the Allure Best Of Beauty Award winning Laniege Water Bank Moisture Cream for free via Influenster, for review purposes.
The opinions shared in this post are my own.
This cream is available for $35 on Sephora, where the description is as follows:
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A richly-texturized moisturizing cream that strengthens and retains moisture all day.
– Uneven skintone
– Dullness and uneven texture
If you want to know more…
Water Bank Moisture Cream is formulated with LANEIGE’s patented Hydro Ionized Mineral Water—fusing essential minerals zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and sodium—to help replenish and retain ideal hydration levels, preventing future moisture loss. Olive squalane strengthens skin’s natural barrier, for intense nourishment, and the cream is richly texturized for instant absorption. It relieves dryness and leaves skin hydrated and glowing.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product is dermatologist tested. LANEIGE does not test ingredients or products on animals.
- This cream is for normal to dry skin, and I think it is perfect for my dry/sensitive skin in the summer months. It delivers a burst of hydration that sinks into the skin quickly and leaves it feeling soft and moisturized, and looking plump and healthy.
- The product comes with a spatula that helps scoop it out, and a small amount is needed to cover the whole face.
- It sinks into my skin very quickly and I can move on with my skin care routine and apply other products (such as eye cream) over it with ease.
- My skin remains hydrated and makeup goes on smoothly over this cream, and stays so until I wash it off. This is probably what I like best about this cream.
- Often I wake up with dry skin around my mouth, but this cream has helped combat that.
- The jar is quite luxurious, heavy and made of glass, and the spatula is a nice addition.
- 50 ml for $35 is a good price.
- It has a scent to it that reminds me of creams grown-ups would use when I was younger. Thus I can best describe the scent as “grown-uppy”; kind of clean yet sophisticated. The scent does not bother me too much, which is strange given that fragrance usually breaks me out. However if fragrance is not something your skin can handle, I suggest skipping this one.
- This might be difficult for combination or oily skin to absorb.
Neither here, nor there
- I had a pimple the next day, after the first time I used this. However I kept testing it with and without a combination of products, and now I believe the pimple was due to something else; however I am still in the testing phase and will update this review if I have any new information.
Do I recommend this?
Laniege is my first foray into Korean skincare. This moisturizer is a very nice cream, but I am not wowed by it, despite my list of Yays being the longer one. I would recommend this to anyone with dry skin, who wants a light but hydrating and easily absorbed summer moisturizer, and is not sensitive to fragrance. Personally, I’m not sure of a repurchase, though I do like how it keeps my makeup looking smooth throughout the day.
I received this product complimentary for testing purposes. The opinions in this post are my own.
Follow me here on Instagram. Please don’t follow me to unfollow me later. Some people on WordPress have been doing that lately.