I read about Benefit’s OG highlighter High Beam nearly 10 years ago, in a book about makeup from Vogue (or maybe it wasn’t by Vogue? I don’t know 🤔), and ever since then I have been obsessed with the acquisition of that ✨ ~dewy glow~✨ that runway models have.
Over the past 9+ years, I have purchased an amount of highlighters that can easily be categorized as a sh!t-ton, but never did I ever go back to the one that started my obsession – until now.
What it is:
A satiny-pink, liquid highlighter to add a subtle glow.
What it does:
Create a radiant, dewy complexion for an ethereal glow that is perfectly alluring on all skin tones with this iconic, high beam highlighter. Use it as a spot highlighter over makeup or wear it underneath makeup for subtle luminescence.
High beam is the ultimate go-to product for strobing. Dot and blend high beam where light would naturally hit your face (the cheekbones, browbones, down your nose, and on your cupid’s bow) for a beautiful, glowing complexion.
You get 10 ml of product for $26.
- Really, why did I arrive to the party this late? This liquid highlighter is beautiful. It is so finely milled that I cannot see even a hint of shimmer or glitter in there. And the glow is the definition of dewy. I mean, when they call it the “supermodel in a bottle”, I think they are 💯 % keeping it real.
- It applies beautifully. I need the tiniest 5-6 dots along my cheekbone to get that glow going. I pat it into the skin (pat, not rub or swipe, is the best policy with liquid and cream highlighters) with a flat foundation brush, or my Vera Mona sponge, or my fingers, and it diffuses into the most natural, healthy yet bright radiance immediately.
- I was always worried this might look too ashy or silvery or cool against my tan skin tone but honestly, it doesn’t. It blends out into a pearly glow, with minimal hints of pink, which looks very lit-from-within.
- Lasts about 6-7 hours on my face before fading. I don’t think that’s bad, and that is the product without a powder highlight on top.
- I was initially not happy about the 10 ml of product served up by Benefit, but their website has reviewers stating the bottle lasted them ages so I guess 10 ml is good. I still think Benefit should move it up to like 12-13 ml at least.
- The bottle! 😍😍
- This doesn’t work well swiped on because it will move your foundation underneath.
- I did not like how it looked worn over face powder.
- $26 for 10 ml is pricey to me. (So watch out for their friends and family sale!)
I dot this along my cheekbones (very little is needed for a good, healthy glow), and blend it out with my fingers, a flat foundation brush, or a sponge.
Do I recommend this?
Yes. It is an exquisitely pretty highlighter. (Though I am sure most people have it by now, considering how late I am to the show. 😒) Though deeper or warmer skin-toned individuals may want to try this first to make sure it does not show up as too white or streaky on them!
Sephora, Benefit, Ulta.
Follow me here on Instagram, please and thank you.