Allow me to introduce you to one of the three current loves of my life (more on the other two in upcoming posts):
What it is:
A highlighting powder with ultra-reflective shine.
What it does:
Capture the light with Shimmering Swan Highlighter, a unique, velvety smooth highlighter. Infused with light-reflecting and pearlescent pigments, this radiant powder will leave your skin looking bright and lustrous.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product is cruelty-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
You get 5.7 g of product for $32.
Can I just say, I am obsessed with this highlighter. The texture, the shade, the packaging, everything is swoon-worthy.
This shade is a very unique pink-beige, in my opinion. My pictures below have all been taken in daylight at varying times. When it is hot outside, you can see it is a warm, almost nude beige that literally becomes one with my skin upon application. When the lighting is dim, or it is cool outside, the highlighter becomes a pearly pinkish beige sheen which can be strobed, or a light glow, with honestly zero visible shimmer.
- DAT GLOW. You guys. This is just glow. That’s all it is. It is so finely milled, that there is no visible shimmer in this. Don’t believe me? Check my swatches below.
- Soft as buttah. This is supposed to be a powder, but it is more like a pillow of glow (side note: need to bring out my own highlight called Pillow Of Glow™©®). This highlighter is incredibly soft and smooth to the touch. And best of all, despite how finely-milled and smooth it is, it does not have a lot of fallout from the pan, or when applied.
- Lit-from-within, or strobed for days: it is your choice. This is so versatile and easy to work with. A small amount is enough for a visibly intense highlight, so you really need to pick which brush and amount of product you want to work with.
- IT LASTS. Let me tell you, you need to be quick with blending. I like to sweep it on, then pat it into my skin with my Sigma High Cheekbone Highlighter brush (best brush everrrr) quickly, because this is a powder that sets and does not budge. I felt my glow fade along the 8 hour mark, but there had been no fall-out or stray shimmer on my face.
- Great for light, light-medium, olive, and tan skin tones.
- Packaging is lovely. Best out of all the highlighters I own. (And I own a lot of highlighters.)
- I think it may look a little ashy on deeper skinned beauties. Try it for yourself at a Sephora counter, though.
- I think it is a bit expensive. For 5.7 g, it should be priced at like $28 or $30 max, not $32.
Like I said, I like to sweep it on, then pat it into my skin with my Sigma High Cheekbone Highlighter brush with quick motions because this sets quickly and glows into tomorrow. I prefer the High Cheekbone Highlighter brush for a strobed glow, and the Sigma fan brush for a light one. Side note: I ❤️ Sigma brushes. Gonna do a post on that, hopefully soon.
The swatch pictures below have all been taken in daylight at various times.
Do I recommend this?
YES. Am I repurchasing it? I plan to. It has quickly become a favorite for the amazing formula, the shade, and the packaging. I would give this a 5/5.
In Other News
I twisted my ankle. 😦
Follow me on my Instagram for loads of fun makeup stuff.
🦄 💕🦄 💕🦄 💕🦄 💕🦄 💕🦄 💕