My friends. I have a new love. It is the Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Skin Tint!!!
This baby is available in 5 shades on Sephora, where it is described as:
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A whipped water-gel makeup and skincare hybrid with broad-spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen.
– Uneven skin tone
– Dullness and uneven texture
If you want to know more…
This skincare and makeup hybrid combines the sensorial texture and all-day hydration of skincare with the buildable coverage of makeup. It’s infused with a rare Asian fruit extract, whu zu yu, to provide a healthy-looking, shine-free glow.
In clinical tests:
– 93% of women showed an instant increase in moisture
You get 30 ml of product for $39.
The shades for this are totally bizarre. They are 3.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5, and 9.5. I got 5.5 Beige for my light-medium skin tone. The shade suits my NC20/C2 skin tone quite well, but oxidizes on me a bit which makes me think I should have gotten 3.5 instead. Oh well. Next time. Coupled with a highlighting concealer, this shade is quite suitable. Plus, most foundations oxidize on my skin, so.
- Now listen. Your girl is all about full coverage and flawlessness and all. And this is a skin tint which means it is supposed to be lightweight, which it is. Despite being lightweight, this tint has beautiful medium coverage! It sinks like a veil into the skin and covers a lot of minor blemishes while still making the skin look naturally glowy and healthy.
- It has a lovely silk-like texture, and application is smooth and creamy and dreamy.
- It does not accentuate dry areas and is actually very moisturizing on my dry/sensitive skin.
- It is perfect for days when you want to let your skin breathe but still look polished.
- 30 ml for $39 is a bit pricey but not bad, as the product really does perform well for something that is supposed to be lightweight.
- SPF 20
- Packaging is really crappy. Like it is housed in a cheap little plastic jar and when you open it, most of the product sticks to the inner lid (that thing between the lid and the jar that most beauty products in a jar have).
- Shade range is bizarre and limited.
- This product may not do well on oily complexions.
I use a Morphe M439 (BEST FOUNDATION BRUSH EVER) to buff this into the skin using light, round motions.
Ignore the red splotch on my arm; I burned myself frying some food.
Do I recommend this?
For breathable, medium coverage that looks dewy and healthy, yes. I do.
In Other News
OMG YOU GUYS I JUST HEARD THAT MY HG FOUNDATION, ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR MAXIMUM COVER FOUNDATION IS BEING DISCONTINUED!!!!
I AM SO HEARTBROKEN ABOUT THIS!!!!!
I really hope they don’t go through with this. *sob* 😢😢😢😢
Follow me here on Instagram, please and thank you.