I got the NuMe Classic Curling Wand at an Ulta sale a while back.
NuMe’s exclusive curling wand that forms beautiful, romantic waves in half the time of other styling tools, with an added luxury, a gemstone tourmaline-infused ceramic coated barrel. Tourmaline and ceramic heat hair quickly and evenly, resulting in zero damage and a healthy shine. Negative ions are disbursed through the barrel, conditioning hair from the inside-out and creating manageability necessary for precision styling.
The tourmaline-infused ceramic coated barrel releases negative ions that work to create a healthy and luminous shine. Infrared heat technology heats hair from the inside-out for quick styling and zero damage. This classic wand reaches a perfect styling temperature of 410F in only a few seconds, making styling simple for any hair type. Heat-resistant glove included.
This is a curling wand, not iron, so it does not have that little clip attached which grips the hair in place as it curls. Instead you twist your hair around it, and hold it in place for about 30 seconds or more depending on the tightness and longevity of curl you want.
Look at me, explaining a curling wand to people like no one knows what it is.
- I love the curls this gives. You can do tighter (but big) ones, or more voluminous curls with this.
- Instant volume on even the smallest, straightest of strands. (I straightened the sh!t out of my hair before I tried it.)
- I like the grip of this. My hair does not slide off it.
- OMG even without hairspray my curls lasted for 2 days before I washed my hair!!
- With hairspray and hair products you can get glossy, voluminous curls that last for days.
- This comes in 3 colors.
- The design is such that you can prop this up on a table with no fear of the wand touching the surface underneath.
- It is relatively inexpensive compared to some other models, plus NuMe is often on sale at Ulta.
- It comes in a handy barrel, with a glove.
- I’ve burned my hand with this a couple of times. I wish there was a piece of plastic before the barrel which you could hold to adjust the wand. (I should wear the glove, me thinks…)
- There is no temperature control, just an on-off button.
In the pictures below, I used no hair products to show you how the wand performs on its own. This is a quick job so I could get on with the rest of my day, but you can see how beautifully it curls and the versatility of the curls you can achieve with this. (I would advise that you always use a heat protectant before using heat styling tools.)
I have a lot of hair, which is starting to inch way below my waist, and it took me around 15 minutes to get it curled so quickly.
My husband also really likes the way my hair looks when I use this wand. 😏
Do I recommend this wand?
Yes I do. I quite like it, for my first curling wand. It gets the job done well, and in little time.
Follow me at www.instagram.com/thegirllovesmakeup for posts on hair, makeup, and beauty!