Recently, I purchased Girlactik Beauty’s Matte Lip Paint in the shades Bashful, Sweet, and Posh (above).
According to the company’s website:
Known as one of the original Liquid Lipsticks and BEST selling formula…You are the artist to your lips with the Matte Lip Paint. Apply this richly pigmented lip paint on to your lips and within one minute it will dry down to a beautiful matte color that will be noticeably dramatic without the dryness or flaking. Your lips are sure to look mattie-full!! Did you know Girlactik gives the most product in a vial for matte lippies? You get 7.5ML…that’s more than double of most brands!
BEAUTY TIP: For true color apply just one coat. Two coats will make color darker for two color options.
Size: 7.5 ml / .25 oz
Period After Opening: 6M
Ingredients: Isododecane, Synthetic Beeswax (Cera Alba), Mica, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Polybutene, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Silica, Flavor, Stearakonium Hectorite, Alcohol Denatured, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 & CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850). *Carmine only in the color Blossom.
Bashful, Posh, and Sweet are all shades in the nude/neutral category.
Bashful is a warm nude pink with the tiniest hint of coral and it reminds me of Huda Beauty’s shade Bombshell.
Posh is a beige which veers into a rosy brown and reminds me of the shade Ashton by Anastasia Beverly Hills, though I don’t have that shade myself, mind you.
Sweet is a pretty, neutral pink that leans towards cool mauve.
All three shades suit my NC20/C2 skin tone well.
- These lipsticks have amazing wear, they lasted through my meal and did not really fade; they stayed on very evenly. I wore one shade overnight (I know, its wrong, I know) and it was still there, nice and bright and even in the morning.
- It is actually very nice and comfortable on the lips; not drying at all, provided you don’t apply this over dry-ass, crusty lips to begin with. (I should know, I tried. 😒)
- The shades are beautiful in this range. I think they would suit all skin tones quite well.
- For me, one coat is enough for smooth, even, non-streaky application.
- Large number of shades, 16 to be precise.
- You get 7.5 ml for the price you pay ($23), which is a huge amount of product IMO. Some companies charge ~$20 for as little as 3 ml of product which I think is very stingy. Why you wanna treat us so bad, companies?!
- Pretty packaging.
- If you apply two coats, or layer this lipstick, it will become patchy and flaky.
- You may think $23 is too much for a lipstick. (But like I said, Girlactik ai-NOT stingy with product.)
Do I recommend these?
They are good quality lipsticks available in a wide variety of colors and you get a lot of bang for your buck, so yes. I do.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY READERS WHO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAY! 🐣
This is my Instagram! Follow me, and I’ll love you for it.