Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer is described by Tarte Cosmetics as:
A vegan friendly, creamy concealer for radiant coverage and contouring.
This concealer comes in a decidedly large and pretty bottle, and has a big doe foot applicator for applying the product to the face.
You get a cool 10 ml for $24, which is better than the offers you get for a lot of other concealers. The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer for example is 6 ml for $30 at Sephora.
The shades and how to choose one (in my humble opinion)
This comes in a huge range of shades, 14 to be exact. I chose Fair Neutral and Light Sand for my NC20 (it’s actually C2, in MAC, but NC20 is the closest to that) skin. While Light Sand works well as a highlight and concealer shade, Fair Neutral is a little light for my liking and I think Light Medium would be closer to my skin tone.
All the shades in this range have a very brightening base, so they look “lighter” than they actually are when applied, as they are supposed to be used as highlight shades.
My advice would be to go to your local Ulta and swatch whichever shade matches you best (or one lighter, if you dig that) and get that, as these have a brightening effect like I said, so even if you get an exact match, that is likely to look a tad lighter when you blend it out.
- The coverage on these is out of this world. Mark my words when I say the slightest bit (one dot, for me) is all you need for high, opaque coverage.
- A little goes a very, very long way. You see those swatches above? They are enough to cover my entire face. No, I’m not joking.
- These are quite perfect for highlighting the under eye area. They not only cover blemishes/dark circles/redness, they also provide a radiant matte highlight.
- Because they have a matte finish, they’re good for oily skin.
- These last a long time without fading/patching/creasing – at least for the 8 hrs that I had them on before washing my face.
- $24 for 10 ml? Yaas.
- The matte finish means this concealer clings to dry patches so if you have dry skin I advise moisturising it well beforehand.
- The shade range is confusing.
Because this is so dense, I apply it with a buffer brush such as Sigma’s Concealer Blend Kabuki, Morphe M335, or Morphe M173.
Do I recommend this?
You bet. It might just be my new HG concealer. I have dry skin so I have to moisturise well before using it.
Tarte online and Ulta.
Follow me on my Instagram (check the right side bar) for more reviews and makeup porn!