I love both of these equally, so instead of advantages/disadvantages, I will simply give you some facts about these highlighters and their performance, alone and on a comparative basis. Follow me on Instagram here please!
- 8 g of product for $34.
- Beautiful nude shade. It is the perfect mix of peach/pink/champagne. The best way to describe this is natural. It gives a very natural, luminous, glowy look to the skin.
- For a powder, this gives the most ethereal, almost liquid/Creme-like dewy glow. Beautiful!
- Doesn’t emphasise my skin’s natural texture.
- Consistency is very finely milled and somewhat powdery. This powdery-ness is only kicked up when I swirl my brush in the pan, and then too it is not much. It doesn’t show up on the face at all.
- Moonlight would suit light/medium skin tones IMO.
- Lasts all day. Seriously. 10 hours is the longest I’ve worn this and it stayed put the whole time.
- Can be made to look subtle or built up.
- Comes with a mirror.
- Packaging is somewhat flimsy to the touch IMO but I don’t really care. For the price point I think they could’ve done better, just so you know.
- 7.5 g for $42 (OUCH!)
- This shade is almost exactly the same as Moonlight from Cover FX but because it is baked, and a matte highlight at that, it gives a more solid looking highlight than can be sheered out. You will see what I mean from my swatches below. It is just a bit more packed than Moonlight.
- The glow from this is best described as luminous and lit-from-within, because this is supposed to be a matte highlight as opposed to a dewy one.
- This too lasted very long, about 10 hours on my cheekbones before I took it off.
- Also very finely milled and kicks up a bit of powder when the brush is swiped over it.
- Can be layered for GLOW or sheered for lit-from-within, shimmer/glitter-free radiance.
- Does not emphasize my skin’s natural texture, if blended well!
- Would suit light/medium skins best IMO.
- Comes with a mirror.
- Lovely sturdy compact.
I use a Morphe M501 brush or Inglot 4SS to strobe these along my cheekbones or sheer them out.
Do I recommend these?
Yes! If you have the money and are looking for a natural shade of highlight that makes your skin look like you’re sitting by candlelight all day, everyday – go for it!
Sephora (links above).
Check out my Instagram for a moving swatch of these and follow me please! x