Sephora describes BeneFit’s Dandelion Shy Beam Matte Highlighter as follows:
What it is:
A nude-pink, matte-radiance highlighter.
What it does:
Put your complexion in the spotlight with this soft baby-pink, shimmer-less, natural-looking highlighter. Benefit’s Shy Beam is perfect for contouring, and it can be used under complexion products or as a spot highlighter over makeup. Ideal for all skin types, this foolproof highlighter can be swept on for subtle strobing or to give luminosity for a healthy, no makeup glow.
Apply Shy Beam where light would naturally hit your face: (cheekbones, above and below your browbones, along your temples, down the bridge of your nose, and above your cupid’s bow) and blend for a soft sheen
You pay $26 for 10 ml of product for this.
Why I Bought It
When this product first came out ages ago, I didn’t buy into the hype because I felt like you could easily achieve the same effect with a radiant color corrector or concealer. However, recently I swatched this at my local Sephora, and the pink-yellow undertone looked nice on my hand, plus I saw I needed very little product to cover a large area, so I bought it.
The cap has a brush attached which lets you apply the product in strokes.
- Innovative idea, which kind of works. This gives my face a very lit-from-within luminosity which is good on days when I don’t want a shimmery highlight.
- The yellow undertone makes it work for light and medium skin tones, cool or warm toned.
- Provides muted radiance for those who don’t heart shimmer.
- You need a very small amount to cover areas you wish to highlight.
- Lasts quite a while; about 6-7 hours on me (I washed it off after that).
- GORGEOUS packaging.
- This dries quickly so blending must be prompt before it starts to look patchy.
- May look ashy on deep skin tones.
- I think the amount of product you get is ridiculously low for the price paid. I expected at least 15 ml for that price.
- You could possibly achieve the same effect with a radiant concealer or color correcting products, including the NARS concealer, Sephora brand concealers and correctors, BareMinerals eye brightener, among others.
I apply this in strokes in a triangle shape under my eyes and down my nose for a highlighted look.
Do I recommend this?
It looks nice, but some people have said it barely shows up on their, skin, plus like I said, you don’t really need this product; you can get the same effect with other products like those mentioned above. I think you pay more for the packaging than the price TBH. I recommend this only if you are a HUGE fan of glow without shimmer. I don’t know if I will repurchase this, though I like the look it gives.
MY INSTAGRAM: thegirllovesmakeup