When the weather starts getting cold, two of my favourite things to warm up my belly (and soul) are tea and soup.
Lately, I’ve been craving noodle soup, and after testing out a bunch of recipes, I’ve perfected one for my liking.
So, for anyone in need of a deliciously warm, comforting, filling bowl of noodle soup, here is the recipe:
- Boil 1/4 pack of fettuccine noodles or any other type of pasta. (You can use more if you prefer more noodles.) Save some pasta water in case you need to thin out your soup.
- In another pot, add 1 heaped tablespoon (tbsp) butter and saute 1 teaspoon (tsp) chopped garlic in it. Add 2 cups of water and 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon roasted chicken base in it. Bring water to boil. (Alternatively, you can just use 2 cups of chicken stock.)
- Add in 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp parsley flakes, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp brown sugar, and 1 tsp salt or to taste. Add in 1 tbsp chilli sauce, 1 tbsp soya sauce, and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce. You can add 1/2 tsp chilli flakes for extra spice. (I always do.)
- Add in 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn (or less per preference, but this soup tastes good with corn), 1/3 cup chopped carrots, 1/4 cup peas, and any other vegetables you prefer. (You can use fresh or frozen ones. I prefer the frozen kind.)
- Mix 3 tsp all purpose flour in some water and stir this mixture into the pot of soup. Boil the soup and simmer on low flame to get preferred thickness. (If it gets too thick, you can thin it out with some water or pasta water.)
- Add boiled pasta, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, and stir to mix. Take off flame.
- TIP: You can add boiled chicken to make it chicken noodle soup.
Btw, don’t forgot to show some Insta-love today, by following me on my new Instagram here!