I have to admit, I give my country a lot of shit when it comes to a lot of things. But if there is one thing Pakistan excels at, it is making good quality, inexpensive makeup, and, in particular, lip colors.
So anyway, a few days ago, I was at my local grocery store, buying groceries and stuff. So I popped into the makeup section to see if I could locate any hidden gems, and I was not disappointed.
Rivaj UK Quick Dry Liquid Lipstick, or Rivaj UK Quick Dry Lip Gloss (as per the website – yes, they have a website!) is described as:
It will fix your selected color on your lips just in 60 seconds with a touch of matt finish. Available In 18 Different Colors
Short and sweet, let’s keep it at that.
I have 3 of the aforementioned 18 colors, shades 08, 10, and 14. Each tube has 6 ml worth of lip color at one end, and 6 ml worth of clear gloss at the other end, should you prefer a glossy finish.
10 is one of the most unique shades I own. It is the perfect mix between rosy, natural, and MLBB.
08 is a better version of NYX’s SMLC in Cannes. I know. I never thought anything could trump that, but here it is, and it costs about $2.55.
- Ridiculously good quality for the price. I mean, RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. The pigmentation is totally on point. Very opaque.
- Lasting power is also top notch. Anything that has a grudge against lip colors, such as greasy meals, is no match for these babies.
- The matte finish each shade offers is surprisingly good. It actually does not emphasize fine lip lines.
- The gloss at the other end is great for livening up your lip color should it start to settle in around the edges of your lips after 6-ish hours.
- No detectable scent to these. I am mentioning that because I have this gloss by Rivaj UK also, and despite its opaque finish, that thing has a very strong citrusy scent. I hate citrus scents.
- You get 6 ml worth of quality product for around $2.55, like I said. Doesn’t get better than that.
- Applicator’s a bit hard, nothing too uncomfortable though.
- Applies a bit streaky at first; two coats seal the deal.
- Not easily available outside of Pakistan.
Same as always. I line my lips with the edge of the applicator and fill them in with the product.
Below are swatches of 08, 10, and 14, top to bottom.
Do I recommend these?
YES. If you live in Pakistan, if you’re on a budget, if you’re looking for good quality liquid lipsticks, give these a go. I actually like them better than so many of the more expensive alternatives I own. I’ll definitely get more of these as soon as I can.
Any good grocery or department store, as well as the Rivaj UK website.
~ ❤ ~
In Other News
Take a little walk to the edge of town
and go across the tracks
Where the viaduct looms,
like a bird of doom
As it shifts and cracks
Where secrets lie in the border fires,
in the humming wires
Hey man, you know
you’re never coming back
Past the square, past the bridge,
past the mills, past the stacks
On a gathering storm comes
a tall handsome man
in a dusty black coat with
a red right hand
Side note: I am now obsessed with looming viaducts.
Srsly tho, watch this show just to see Cillian Murphy kill it (see what I did there?) as Tommy Shelby.
~ ❤ ~