Luscious, a Pakistan-based cosmetics manufacturer, has recently forayed into the world of liquid matte lipsticks, and today I will review one in a shade called Swag.
About this range of products, Luscious says:
An ultra-pigmented, full coverage, liquid lipstick formula that adorns your lips in gorgeous, saturated color. Lightweight and comfortable, designed for long wearing results, with the flatteringly soft finish of a lip stain. Never flakes, feathers or dries out your lips. Presented in an array of on-trend modern 10 matte shades. Inspired by the world of high fashion, it’s couture for your lips!
Contains No Animal Ingredients
Click on the images below to enlarge.
Swag is a warm pink, a mix of bubblegum pink and rose, if you get the idea. This color looks lovely in the swatch but a little too neon-ish on my lips. It’s definitely a morning/summer shade, and makes a good base for “pinking out” my darker lip colors. I usually blot the shade with a tissue to tone down its brightness. If I were to choose another color from this range, I’d choose A La Mode. Click the link given above to check out swatches of other shades on Luscious’ website.
You get 5 g of product for the price.
- Creamy, hydrating, doesn’t dry out the lips
- Doesn’t accentuate fine lip lines
- Soft applicator, applies easily
- Lasts without fading unless I eat or drink, in which case it fades evenly, softly staining the lips
- Reasonable price for the quantity
- Adorable packaging
- Great shade range
- Isn’t scented; at least, its not a noticeable scent (I don’t have the strongest sense of smell)
- Doesn’t dry down fully, and especially not to a matte finish; it’s semi-matte/satin, really
- Application can be a bit streaky, especially if you’re the kind of person who rubs the lips together to get even color all over
- Can’t survive a meal, came off (evenly) when I kissed the back of my hand wearing this (Why does that always sound so weird?!)
- Feels a tiny, weensie bit tacky, in comparison to similar offerings from other brands such as Colourpop
As always, I line my lips with the edge of the applicator and fill them in with the product.
Do I recommend this product?
If I were to rate it, I’d give it a 7/10. It isn’t the best liquid matte lipstick out there, especially since it doesn’t dry fully or dry to a matte finish, but there’s no harm in trying it out.
For an offering by a local brand, it is pretty innovative. Honestly, I like it just as much as I like my Ofra liquid lipsticks, and I would like to buy the color A La Mode in the future.