Rimmel’s Provocalips are basically matte lip colors with a shine/lock clear liquid on the other end of the tube.
Up to 16 Hours of lip liberation. Wild without a trace!
• Kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof high impact endless colour.
• No tight feeling or dry lips. Lips feel smooth and moisturized all day long.
• Easy removal with Oil based makeup remover
STEP 1: Apply colour and keep lips apart for 60 seconds until the product sets.
STEP 2: Apply topcoat to lock the colour, moisture and add shine.
I was gifted these (by a relative) in the shades Little Minx, Heart Breaker, and Play With Fire.
Little Minx is a bright fuchsia with blue undertones which often looks too bright for my liking so I quickly blot it immediately after application. That way it turns into a more muted shade and looks quite lovely IMO.
Play With Fire is a brown-toned red which dries deeper. I’m a fan of blue-based reds so this one is good when mixed with other shades, like nudes, to make it a little less, idk, 90s vixen.
Heart Breaker is a unique shade. It looks like a very deep terracotta nude on lighter skins and a peach-terracotta shade on darker ones. On me it looks great once blotted, Kylie Jenner-esque. Also it’s a great base for some of the lighter pinks that I own and turns them into lovely mid-toned shades. There is a faint trace of pale gold shimmer in this shade which disappears upon application.
I did not detect any fragrance in these.
- Staying power – friggin amazing. Honestly these last and last. Come tea, oily food, or kisses. One of the best formulas out there I think. And I’ve tried lots of ’em.
- Great shade range.
- Can be made glossy based on your preference. Personally I think the “Step 1” part is more than enough to ensure long lasting color and I also prefer matte over glossy.
- The formula is thin. It makes lining lips with the product difficult and I tend to apply more than I need.
I use the doe-foot applicator to dab on the product, (over)line my (thin) lips with the edge, and fill in the product usually with my finger tip for best results.
These dry darker than how they go on initially.
Do I recommend these?
I wanted these in Make Your Move and I’ll Call You but those weren’t available. Yes I recommend checking them out if you want an affordable liquid lipstick that lasts and can be made glossy should you desire.