This was an impulse buy, simply because I wanted the cute bright pink vintage-y container. The tin is the UK version, btw. The US version comes in a little pot. The tin houses 20 g of product.
Relieves dry, dull and cracked lips, while locking in moisture to help them heal
- Instantly softens and soothes dry lips and leaves a sheer pink tint
- Locks in moisture to help lips recover from discomfort
- Made with pure Vaseline® petroleum jelly
- Has a light rose fragrance
BEST FOR: DRY LIPS
I’ve tried and tried with this one, but somehow it feels … idk, cheap. It’s just this tinted glaze on the lips, emollient but somehow not very hydrating.
I say that in comparison to the original Vaseline, that little jar of petroleum jelly found in just about every household for decades now.
Coming to the tint, it’s barely there, just a hint of rosy pink, but it’s there nonetheless. I like the tint, it’s cute and looked fine on my skin tone (yellow) which means it is likely to suit most people.
This lip therapy is scented. It’s a fruity, floral scent, fresh and slightly bubblegummy. It disappears once the product is applied, though.
That’s how it came. In the picture below.
What’s the use?
The way I see it, this lip balm is good for three things:
1. Popping it in your purse for when you need something to quickly un-chap those lips
2. Popping it in your purse for moments when you need a hint of color and nothing else is around
3. To give your lips some quick moisture before you’re about to apply something drying like matte lip color
If I were to rate this out of 5, the maximum it would get is a 3.
So my recommendation would be to stick to the good old classic Vaseline while this can be an option should you find yourself in any of the above three circumstances … or if you need it just for the cute bright pink vintage-y container. 😉
I got this for Rs.195 at Al-Fatah Departmental Store, Lahore. Available for $2.29 on drugstore.com.