I’ll keep this post short and let you know right now that this is a fantastic eye shadow. The shade Timeless Black isn’t to be found anywhere on Maybelline’s site but Amazon says:
- Up to 24 hour staying power
- Smooth cream-gel formula
- Pigment technology for saturated colour
- Available in 60 timeless black shade
Check this product out on Maybelline’s site. Pomegranate Punk looks like a shade I’d want next. Ok, onto the review.
- Pigmented AF
- Smooth application which can easily be blended out and built up
- Perfect on its own or as a base for a smokey eye
- Perfect as a base for powder shadow
- Great as a gel liner, has to be built up though
- Dries quickly to a lovely matte finish
- Very long lasting, keeps eye makeup intact
- My usually sensitive eyes aren’t sensitive to this
- Can harden up without use, has to be warmed up by finger or brush
- Eyelids need to be moisturized before use if you have dry skin
- Shade Timeless Black no longer listed on Maybelline’s site
I moisturize my lids before applying this shadow.
I use my finger or a stiff eye shadow brush to apply this to the outer corners of my eye and blend for a smokey look or to give powder shadow a smokey base. I apply powder shadow on top with the same brush. Or I use an angled liner brush, dip it into the jar and go over my lash line if I wish to line my eyes with this product.
Do I recommend this product?
Not a paid review.