Elf All Over Color Stick is a 4g stick of cream highlighter, available in 3 shades, described on the ELF website as:
This 3-in-1 Color Stick adds a beautiful glow to your eyes, lips, or face! Get gorgeous color that illuminates and instantly conditions skin for fresh and natural color all day long. Blend anywhere you would like to highlight and brighten like your cheeks and brow bones.
I have this color stick in the shade Spotlight, and I’ve fallen in love with it. Let’s get into the details, shall we?
I’ll try to keep it short and to the point this time.
- It is very subtle, no visible shimmer or glitter at all. Checked for that in the harshest of lighting, couldn’t find any. HUGE yay for those who hate shimmery highlights.
- If you’re going for that glowy, lit-from-within look, this is for you.
- Perfect for wear in the daytime.
- The glow is buildable. You won’t look like a disco ball, but you can amp it up, is what I’m saying.
- Application is easy. Smooth and creamy.
- As the undertones are gold and silver, I think this will suit all skin tones. It suits my tan skin.
- The price. You get 4g of product for $1. Compare that with MAC CCB in Pearl which is 3.2g of product for $21. Yes, MAC is a high-end brand but as someone who has used both products, I can say I love this almost as much as I love Pearl.
- It lasted for a little under 4 hours on me in really hot, humid weather before fading. It is very, very subtle, so I don’t think it’s a good option for summers.
- Again, since it’s so subtle, it almost disappears under powder. So if you dust any on top, make sure you do it lightly.
- Unhygienic if you apply it with your fingers.
I don’t apply this directly from the stick, I use my finger to dab it onto my cheekbones.
Do I recommend this product?
This might just be my HG drugstore highlighter.
If you want a highlighter that makes you look glowy, dewy, and radiant, this is for you. If you prefer a subtle highlight and a no-makeup look, this is a good option. Plus, it won’t break your bank.
BUT, this is a good option for the colder months, not the humid ones.
Will I repurchase this? Definitely.