So I’ve just been nominated for my very first blogger awards! I don’t have much of an idea how this works, but a huge thanks to The Rare Ruby and Babbajazzleblog for the nominations! Please check out their wonderful blogs if you haven’t already!
So onto the awards, which I’ll discuss together in one post:
Award #1 The Premio Dardos Award
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post
- Pass the award on to other bloggers of your choice and let them know they have been nominated
Award #2 Versatile Blogger Award
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you by thanking them and linking to their blog
- Share 10 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 more bloggers
10 Facts About Me
- I love horror movies.
- When I’m nervous or sad I like to keep my highlighters/luminizers near me because it calms me down.
- I have a pet rabbit named Sidney and he’s my baby.
- I love Peter Rabbit and I dream of owning Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top house.
- I also love Daphne duMaurier and Frenchman’s Creek is the reason I want to live in a house by the sea.
- My favorite singer is Lana Del Rey.
- I love tea.
- I’m obsessed with my iPhone and Apple products in general.
- My favorite TV show is Breaking Bad and I still get depressed thinking about it.
- I would love to tour Europe, especially the UK, France, Austria, and Turkey.
Award #3 The Beauty Blogger Award
- State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
10 Questions asked by The Rare Ruby:
- Favorite makeup product?
MAC Cream color base in Pearl, these days Buxom’s Divine Goddess luminizer in Venus as well.
2. What can’t you live without
My iPhone 6. If you’re talking about makeup it’s probably eyeliner. And NYX BB Cream.
3. Favorite color
4. Natural colored lips or big and bold lips??
Natural colored lips
5. Have you tried strobing?
Yes! Highlighters are my obsession
6. How do you reduce bags under your eyes?
I try putting gloop on them, but in the end what I really need is sleep and rest to do the trick!
7. What piercings do you have/want?
I have three piercings in each ear and I’d like more, again in my ears. Maybe a belly one too. 🙂
8. What’s your perfect makeup look like?
Natural with some tweaks. Big, bright eyes, dewy cheeks and slight, barely noticeable contouring. Natural flush and pouty, rosy lips. Something like Nigella Lawson’s usual look.
9. Mascara or eyeliner? (Pick one)
10. Do you paint your nails?
Yes and I shouldn’t so regularly. I need to let them breathe.
10 Questions asked by Babbajazzleblog
1. Favourite lipstick brand and colour.
MAC would be the brand, color would have to be Rimmel’s lip liner in Wild Clover.
2. Name a beauty product that you hate
Inglot’s AMC Face And Body Illuminator. I had such high hopes for it.
3. Favourite perfume
DKNY Be Delicious
4. How many items of makeup are in your daily routine?
Around 6 that I can think of.
5. What’s your skin care routine
Cleanse, exfoliate twice a week, facial oil, pimple cream where needed.
6. Do you contour? What products do you use?
Not religiously, no. When I do I use The Body Shop’s powder bronzer from the Honey Bronze range or from my UD Naked Flushed palette. And my highlighter changes just about every day.
7. Favourite makeup brand?
Difficult question. So many good ones. NYX, from drugstore ones, with Rimmel and Revlon close behind. Urban Decay from the high-end ones, Illamasqua also.
8. Drugstore or High end makeup?
High-end. They feel pretty. 🙂 But it hurts (the wallet) when they’re a miss.
9. Top makeup tip?
Under-eye brightener (concealer/highlighter/setting powder) can work wonders. Also, if you wear no makeup, curl your lashes. It makes a major difference.
10. Name something you have bought recently because another blogger has recommended it.
I bought NYX Thalia because so many bloggers and websites claimed it was a dupe for Kyile Jenner’s lip shade.
Here are my 10 questions:
- Favorite skincare product
- If you could have your own makeup brand, what’s the first product you’d come up with?
- Do you have a favorite makeup artist or beauty guru? If so, who?
- What was the main reason you started a blog?
- If you could only use two makeup products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Black nail polish: Yay or no?
- What’s your go to shade for a my-lips-but-better (MLBB) look?
- What is one palette you’d recommend to everyone?
- If you could get a lifetime supply of any one product for free, what would it be?
- Your favorite site or page for online shopping
I nominate the following bloggers for all three awards: